Monday, September 28, 2009

My literature....

I have been avid reader for 2-3 years..and almost read 2-3 novels at a time including English, Hindi...especially weekends used to be comparatively better for the task and I enjoyed reading. sipping self made tea. In the winters, it used to be a great feeling, sitting in balcony of C-127, First floor, Sector 19, Noida...in sun with a novel. At times, There used to be someone...maid...or cook who prepared tea for me...or else I used to prepare for myself.

Here, a list of novels, literature (Hindi, English...) I have read over a period -


Name/Title
Genre
Author
Short Description/Review
Atlas Shrugged
Philosophical novel, Science Fiction
Ayn Rand
One of the greatest read, I ever had...probably I may ever had. A powerful railroad executive, Dagny Taggart, struggles to keep her business alive while society is crumbling around her. On WikiPedia
An Equal Music
Novel
Vikram Seth
An intense love story, I swam across it almost down the water. Initial 50 odd pages were not good and with all due work pressure, I couldn't give much time and once I lost the track even. After 3-4 days, I again started it...music and love was in the air and I was never tired reading it further. At one point of time, I felt like I couldn't give much time to my work...Great novel.
Complete Review
The Last Don
Novel, Fiction
Mario Puzo
I read this when I was in college...I couldn't manage to get Godfather but came across an old copy of The Last Don. I found it terrific. Once started, I just read it completely. Review


....Much more to be published.....:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment